Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 20 July 2011

SURVIVING IN BIHAR

20 July 2011

SURVIVING  IN  BIHAR

The 66th round of survey of National Sample Survey Office of India ( NSSO ), paints a grim picture of the state of Bihar.

The Monthly Per Capita Consumption Expenditure ( MPCE ) in Bihar is nearly the lowest of all states.

And that forces the people of Bihar to spend most of that on “ food “, as can be seen from following figures :

·     Amounts spent on food

·     In rural Bihar  ……………  Rs. 505  out of a total of Rs. 780

·     In urban Bihar …………… Rs. 655  out of a total of Rs. 1238

Any wonder why Biharis are leaving Bihar for earning livelihood elsewhere ?

With regards


Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment