Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 11 December 2017

Google Getting Poetic ?



Yesterday, Google’s AlphaZero AI software learned all the moves of chess within 4 hours and defeated all earlier chess-playing algorithms .



There was also the news ( I hope , it was fake ! ) that someone just developed an AI software that can write its own ( - and , better ) child software !



So , in order to decide how far Google AI has come to replicating “ Human Creativity “ ( supposedly , beyond the capability of any AI software so far ? ) , I decided to carry out following simple test ( - feel free to name it , “  Hemen Hurdle  “ – with apologies to Turing Test )



Below , you will find 3 versions of my poem “ Winds of Time



The original English version was written by me on 10 Oct 1988



That is followed by my own transliteration ( in HINDI ) of today



Right below that is how GOOGLE TRANSLATE , rendered it from the original English version



I leave it to the readers to decide which one is “ creative “ !



Of course , I must admit that it took me close to 20 minutes to translate my own poem , whereas Google took less than one second !



Pasting both the “ Hindi “ versions in Google Translate and asking it to translate back to English , will convince you that Google has still , a long way to go !





Hemen / 11  Dec  2017 /  hcp@RecruitGuru.com





ORIGINAL :

The Winds of Time
------------------------------------------
Before the fragrance leaves the flowers
And the sky gives up its colors ,
Let us leave this world
The two of us
Together,
Leaving behind, a few
Shrunken , shriveled memories
Which
Like the yellowed leaves of
The Pippul tree –
Will get scattered
Far and wide
By the winds of Time.
The leaves cannot tell
That the Pippul was barren,
Nor can memories echo
The emptiness
Of our lives.
So let us leave,
While we can still
Hear the wind sing
And feel the softness
Of a feather.


MY OWN TRANSLITERATION :

समय के समीर !


जब
ना रहे फूलों मे  खुशबू
और आसमान  मे  रंग ,

इससे पहले
छोड़ के इस जहां को 
चलो , हम चले
साथ साथ  ;

पीछे छूट जायेगी
कुछ
रूखी सूखी स्मृतियाँ  ;

पिप्पल के पत्तो की तरह
दूर दूर उड़ जायेगी
समय की सीमाओं के पार  !

पत्ते क्या बता पाएंगे
की
पिप्पल मे फूल
कभी आएंगे  ?

हमारे जीवन के
अधूरेपन को
क्या
स्मृतिओं से भर पाओगी  ?

तो चलो चले
जब तक हवाओं मे
तेरे मेरे
गीत लहराते है ,

और
घु घु करते कबूतर के पंख  की
नजाकत
तेरे गालों से
शरमाती है  !



GOOLE  TRANSLATE :


समय की हवाएं



सुगंध फूलों को छोड़ने से पहले
और आकाश अपने रंग को छोड़ देता है,
आइए हम इस दुनिया को छोड़ दें
हम दोनों
साथ में,
पीछे छोड़कर, कुछ
श्रुंकन, सूखा यादें
कौन कौन से
पीले रंग की पत्तियों की तरह
पिप्पल पेड़ -
बिखरे हुए होंगे
दूर और व्यापक
समय की हवाओं के द्वारा

पत्ते नहीं बता सकते
कि Pippul बंजर था,
न ही यादें गूंजती हैं
शून्यता
हमारी ज़िन्दगियों का।

तो हमें छोड़ दें
जबकि हम अभी भी कर सकते हैं
हवा गाओ सुनो
और कोमलता महसूस करें

एक पंख में


=================================

No comments:

Post a Comment