I was not serious when , on 03 Dec., I wrote following and sent it as email to Cabinet Ministers / NITI Aayog :
I wrote :
Let us introduce a NEW category with another 100 % quotas for “ FORWARD COMMUNITIES “ , under which to allot :
· 15 % to “ Socially Forward “ communities of Parsis and Punjabis
· 15 % to “ Economically Forward “ communities of Marwaris and Gujaratis
· 15 % to “ Educationally Forward “ communities of Marathis and Keralites
· 15 % to “ Culturally Forward “ communities of Bengalis and Biharis
· 15 % to “ Religiously Forward “ communities of Ayodhyawasis and Babri-Niwasis
· 25 % to “ Politically Forward “ communities of Kashmiris and Naxalites
Being the world-class experts at “ SOCIALLY DIVISIVE NOMENCLATURES “ , we have invented terminologies such as :
# UMG [ Upper Middle Class ]
# LMG [ Lower Middle Class ]
# HNI [ High Net Worth Individuals , aka “ Stinking Rich “ ]
# BPL [ Below Poverty Line ]
# EWS [ Economically Weaker Sections ]
# MIG [ Middle Income Group ]
# LIG [ Low Income Group ]
# Creamy Layer …………. Etc
Given the political ingenuity of our Netas , I am certain that they will figure out dozens of methods to circumvent the Supreme Court dictate and succeed in ( may be ) granting 20 – 25 % reservation quota to any minority / majority group , bold enough to ask for it !
Then , this morning read the following :
Who will qualify / be eligible ?
· Have household income of less than Rs 8 lakh / year [ 95 % of Indians ]
· Have agricultural land of less than 5 acres [ 86 % of land holding ]
· Have a house smaller than 1000 sq ft [ 80 % are smaller than 500 sq ft ]
· Have a residential plot smaller than 100 yards in a municipality [ No data ]
· Have a resi plot of less than 200 yards in non-notified municipality [ No data ]
Now , before those belonging to “ Upper Caste “ – and still poor – start jumping with joy, I suggest they conduct some “ Data Digging “ to compile real data , similar to the following hypothetical example :
# According to the above mentioned news report ,
· only 27 – 37 % of India’s population is currently “ not entitled “ to any quota ( say 390 million out of 1300 million @ 30 % )
· Of this 390 million , as per above criteria, 90 % are “ Upper Caste Poor “ ( say 350 million ) , who will get to claim 10 % of the jobs in government and 10% of seats in colleges
# Let us assume that , right now , all governments ( Central + States ) put together ,
· 10 lakh jobs ( announced / advertised and waiting to be filled )
· 10 lakh seats in Colleges waiting to be allotted
# Therefore for “ Upper Caste Poor “ ,
· “ Jobs available “ = 10 % of 10 lakh = 1 lakh
· “ Seats available “ = 10 % of 10 lakh = 1 lakh
Some 350 million persons will be competing for these !
Let us assume following break-up of these 350 million “ Upper Caste Poor “ :
# Looking for a college seat > 50 million ( 500 lakh ) – for 1 lakh seats
“ Quota Quantum of 1 / 500 “
# Looking for a job > 100 million ( 1,000 lakh ) – for 1 lakh jobs
“ Quota Quantum of 1 / 1000 “
# Children + Old > 200 million ( 2,000 lakh )
# We also know that ,
· With rapid strides being made in “ e-Governance “ more and more government jobs are getting replaced by DIGITAL PROCESSES . This means , govt jobs are shrinking !
· On the other hand , population is increasing by 12 - 15 million per year
· This will translate to ever larger number competing with decreasing opportunities !
· This means “ Quota Quantums “ are constantly fluctuating ( like shares ? )
Once again , in a lighter vein :
# What about those “ Upper Caste RICH “ people ( 10 % of 390 million = 39 million ) ?
Not being eligible for any quota , what will they do for getting a college education or a
government job ?
How about enabling them to “ Buy “ those quotas in an open market , by launching :
An “ Upper Caste Poor “ who is very doubtful of ever landing a government job ( -
remember , his chance of getting one , is only ONE in ONE THOUSAND ) , can register /
list his QUOTA for sale – to be purchased by those RICH !
I will not be surprised if , even some of the “ Upper Caste Poor “ may come forward to “
buy “ a few hundred quotas and improve their chance in a job interview !
I am assuming that those advertisements for Jobs / Seats will clearly say :
“ Interviews will ignore all things considered MERIT , eg : percentage of marks .
Only criteria will be the “ Number of Quota Quantum “ held by the applicants “
08 Jan 2019
Rsvp > hcp@RecruitGuru.com