Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 11 January 2019

Liar vs Liar ?





I have seen the movie , “ Kramer  vs  Kramer    and the play “ Gandhi  vs  Gandhi


But I do not remember , either the themes or the dialogues


But I wish I was able to retain a versatile / erudite “ Liar “ to plead my case in the Supreme Court in 1984 , when I lost a case to my landlord for retaining possession of  flat rented from him


That human Lawyer who I engaged, did a rather poor job of arguing / presenting my case


If I run into a similar litigation in 2024 , I will not have to worry


 Instead of a “ Lawyer “ , I would retain a “ Liar “ [  - an Artificial Intelligence legal luminary AVATAR   ]



Here is the reason for my optimism :




Highlights :


·         IBM recently unveiled a new artificial intelligence system that can craft lengthy, persuasive arguments during a debate.


·         At the show  [  CES  ], it presented arguments both for and against making gambling illegal. It later did the same for the idea of developing autonomous cars.


·         Project Debater does little writing of its own — the AI system’s core strength comes from categorizing and analyzing the arguments fed into it by humans.


·         The algorithm scans short human-written arguments on a potential debate topic for specific keywords and language….



·         Then it groups those arguments by topic, determines whether they’re for or against the proposal, and organizes a speech based on the arguments it analyzed.


=========================================================


Apparently , I was not too far off in envisioning the arrival of  Project  Debater “ , when some 10 months ago , I imagined it to deliver a judgement on Aadhar privacy issue , as described at ( - of course , drafted by me – a human ! ):



Nightmare ?      [  04  March  2018  ]





Any immediate practical application ?


Of course , hiding in plain sight  !


Over past few decades , dozens  of lawyers have argued in various courts re the Ayodhya / Ram Mandir case


By now , millions of words have been recorded in court records – both for and against


If requested , IBM would be too happy to feed these millions of  words / phrases / sentences / paragraphs “ into its Project Debater , pitching TWO LIARS against each other !


Then upload those “LIAR ARGUMENTS“ on its web site . May be even a DRAFT  judgement !


Won’t that be a hugely “ Face Saving Formula “ for all the parties concerned , who have repeatedly proclaimed their intention to “ abide by the Supreme Court verdict “  ?


And for a bonus :  Party losing 2019 elections can always blame “ Artificial Intelligence “ !


=====================================================

12  Jan  2019

Rsvp :  hcp@RecruitGuru.com

No comments:

Post a Comment