Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 27 January 2019

TRAI : Taming of the TV Tycoons ?





Just 4 days back I sent following email to Shri R S Sharmaji [ Chairman , TRAI ] :




In which I wrote :



“ Why should a subscriber get tied to just ( any ) one broadcaster ?


 Why am I held a captive hostage of one subscriber ? – with its dish and set-top box ?



 Why can’t I choose a combo of individual channels offered by several DTH broadcasters ?


 Why can I not have a “ Selection Portability “ across all DTH broadcasters ? “



Then this morning , I came across following news report in Times of India :




Extract :

Troubled by your cable operator or DTH company, but unable to change your service provider as you are locked into your set-top box ?


Things may soon change as broadcast regulator TRAI plans to make digital boxes inter-operable by end of this year


This will give freedom to millions of customers to change their operator at no cost in case of deficient services


“ I am working on this. It will happen “ , TRAI chairman R S Sharma told TOI .


“ Rest assured we will make inter-operable STBs happen “ , Sharma added

“ …. Instead of loading proprietary software, the boxes should have a method which would allow downloading of software post purchase “



Thank You , Shri Sharmaji,



Nearly 20 years back , Bill Gates wrote a seminal book , titled :



With this initiative , you have a GIANT STEP towards  DIGITAL  INDIA  ! – with a request sent by E Mail  !


Readers who want to send emails to Shri Sharmaji , requesting him to take those other revolutionizing steps , may want to look up :





===============================================
28  Jan  2019


  





No comments:

Post a Comment