Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 28 December 2019

A Case of Mistaken Identity ?




Quite often, politicians make certain ( ambiguous ? ) statements


Then , when a controversy breaks out, they would say ,


“ Hey , I was misunderstood . That is not what I meant ! “




But , you would rarely come across a citizen saying ,


“ You got me all wrong. “



I happen to be that rare citizen . Here is the proof :



Earlier this year , I sent my following blog to the Census Commissioner ,


Census 2021 : an Unprecedented Opportunity                            [ 11 April 2019 ]

-      where I suggested that the  CENSUS 2021 FORM  be modified to compile following additional data :
  
-      Aadhar ID

-      PAN



-      Mobile Phone Number


-      E Mail ID– to be treated as “ User ID “ for accessing own data for EDIT purpose



-      Password – for EDITING own data, online , at any time


-      Voter ID



Today, I found that the Census Commissioner has gone ahead and added following data-fields to NPR ( NATIONAL POPULATION REGISTER ) :


1.    Aadhar  (  Voluntary  )

2.    Mobile Number

3.    Date and Place of birth of parents

4.    Place of last residence

5.    Passport Number

6.    Voter Identity Card

7.    Permanent Account Number ( PAN )

8.    Driving License Number





Hey , I said :


Add in the CENSUS FORM


I never said , in the NPR FORM  !




And I mentioned following good reasons for my suggestion :


 #     Once the enumerators have uploaded all 2021 Census data in Online Database, enable
        each Registered person to Update / Edit, his / her data , by logging in

       
#     Personal Data may be updated as follows :

Ø  Once a year ( Mandatory ) – some service deprived if he / she does not update

Ø  As often as personal data changes



If you are wondering, why would anyone take the trouble to keep up-to-date , his / her CENSUS PROFILE ( - much like users keep their LinkedIn / Facebook profiles up-to-date ? – even , up-to-hour ! ),  here are the incentives ( for details of each, read the original blog ) :


[  A  ]     Getting a Job

[  B  ]     Getting Money

[  C   ]    Getting Skills

[  D  ]     Getting Rewards


Now that the Government has okayed spending of Rs 12,000 crore for Census / NPR , why not use this opportunity to have a DYNAMIC / PERPETUAL / AUTOMATIC , population data ( visible to all, in an anonymized way ), instead of :


Ø  “ Once in ten year “ exercise

Ø  Spread over 12 months

Ø  Requiring 33 lakh enumerators to go from home to home ?



Related reading :

Seven In Ten Consumers In India Willing To Share Significant Personal Data 

=============================================================================

Dear Shri Vivek Joshi,





I urge you to consider my suggestions


With regards,

Hemen Parekh


=======================================================================

28  Dec  2019


hcp@recruitGuru.com




















No comments:

Post a Comment