Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 1 June 2024

Read this Advt with your Nose ?

 


 

Does this read like a fantasy ?

Of course , but today , it came a step closer to reality

The front page of today’s Sunday Times carried following advt which indeed smelled of mangoes !

( Not quite AI but may be printing ink got added with some fragrance of mangoes )

 


This reminded me of my 7 year old following blog :

Ø  2024 ! – V 2.0 of Orwellian 1984 ?  …………….. 07  July  2017

 

Extract :

“ SMELL – TASTE “  WAVES  :

 

With arrival of Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality, day is not far when , sitting in your sofa , you can smell / taste that pizza , from across the World

 

 

It is 2024 and you could “ smell “ that picture in news-paper

But if you stick around till 2026 ( being 91 this month , I may not ), on your favourite TV Channel , you will be able to smell all kinds of aromas in advts for “ masala / shampoo / tea / perfumes etc “

In 2017 , I had not heard of Elon Musk’s Neuralink. But , in this blog, I did envisage following :

“ BRAIN WAVES “ ( EEG ) :

 

Scientists are attaching a few sensors to your head, capturing your Brain Waves , and accurately interpreting these as “ Specific Thoughts / Sentiments “ !

 

It is only a matter of time before the bulky wired headset gets replaced by a mobile or a wrist band , capable of capturing your “ BRAIN WAVES “ and ( without your explicit permission ) , transmitting any of your thoughts which it considers “ EVIL “  to a CENTRAL SERVER of the ESTABLISHMENT !

 

And it will do this SURVEILLANCE , 24*7  ! – even when you are asleep !

 

Those who managed to escape the “ 1984 “ of George Orwell , were lucky

 

Those who will be around when 2024 arrives , may not be so lucky !

 

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

www.HemenParekh.ai  /  02 June 2024

 

Related Readings :

Ø  Nostradamus could have said ?.....................  08  Nov  2018

Ø  Big Brother is watching us ! And how !   .. ……….09 Feb 2018

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment