Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 26 September 2011

A Million Vacancies ?


In Economic Times [ 25 Aug 2011 ], Devika Banerji writes abot failure of the Central Government to fill up following vacancies :


Ø   Police force  …………………………………..  530,580

Ø   Defense  …………………………………………. 188,224

Ø   Doctors and Medical Staff ……………..  178,801

Ø   National Rural Health Mission…………. 148,361

Ø   Faculty and Researchers  ……………….   17,739

Ø   Income tax department …………………..  16,331

Ø   Field Investigators  …………………………     1,300


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                 Total…………………………1,081,336
_----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Health Minister and Defense Minister cited following reasons for failure to fill up these vacancies :


Ø   Global job market

Ø   Vast private sector

Ø   Govt recruitment rules

Ø   Rigid hierarchies in Govt

Ø   Unnecessarily high eligibility criteria

Ø   Poor quality of teaching

Ø   Skills shortage


As and when Lokpal Bill is passed, they will need to add one more reason, viz:

Ø   Lack of opportunity for corruption


Then, there will be 10 million vacancies !


With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment