Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 9 September 2011

TOILETTE ETIQUETTE !

9 Sep 2011

TOILETTE  ETIQUETTE  !

1331 villages of Satara district [ MaharashtraIndia ],have won the award for installing maximum numbers of “ home toilets “.

This is how they did it.

  • Publicly embarassing officials easing themselves in the open, by photographing them

  • Withholding issue of birth and death certificates

  • Women Panchayats ( Village Councils ) boycotting grooms without  home-toilets

  • Having school bands play in front of homes of those that didn’t have toilets

  • Presenting bouquets to those found offloading in the open

[ Source : Times of India / 19 June, 2011]

Why did they leave out “ going on indefinite fast “ , like Anna ?

With  regards

HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment