Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Miserable Mothers of India


On Mothers Day [ 08 May,2011 ], Times of India quoted following findings of “ State of the World’s Mothers – 2011 “ report , with reference to Indian women :

Ø  1 in every 140 women runs the risk of death during childbirth

( every year, 68,000 women die from complications related to pregnancy and childbirth )

Ø  A typical Indian woman lives for only 66 years compared to 75 years in China

Ø  Only 49 % women use some form of contraceptives

Ø  Women occupy only 11 % of the seats in government

Ø  Only 53 % of women are helped by trained health workers during childbirth ( could this be the reason why 2 million newborns die annually ? )

And where does India rank as a “ Place to be a Mother “ ?

75th in 79 “ less developed countries “ surveyed !

With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment