Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 29 September 2011

Nuclear Power Accident ?


Of course, all types of accidents kill – and nuclear power plant accidents are no exception.

25 years ago, Chernobyl ( Russia ) accident killed a few hundred people.

Recently, reactor meltdown at Fukushima ( Japan ) has killed 3 workers.

Thankfully, there have been no nuclear power plant accidents in India so far, although we have been producing nuclear power for over 25 years.

This must be seen in the perspective of the number of people being killed by motor-vehicles during road accidents in India, as follows:

Ø  In 2009 ………………. 125,000

Ø  In 2010  ……………….160,000

Does that mean we should stop making some 10+ million motor-vehicles per year and switch over to traveling by trains ?

But then , even local trains are killing 10+ persons per day on the tracks of Mumbai alone !

With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment