Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 20 September 2011

India’s Population Explodes -- 4


2011 census revealed how the populations of some of the States of India compare with entire populations of some countries. Here is the score :

Ø  Uttar Pradesh ( 199.5 millions )   Vs.   Brazil     ( 195 millions )

Ø  Maharashtra   ( 112.3 millions )   Vs.   Mexico   ( 111 millions )

Ø  Bihar             ( 103.8  millions )   Vs.  Philippines ( 94 millions )

Ø  Andhra Pradesh ( 84.6 millions )   Vs.  Egypt        ( 84 millions )

Ø  Tamil Nadu        ( 72.1 millions )   Vs.  Thailand   ( 68 millions )

Ø  Gujarat            ( 60.3 millions )    Vs.   Italy        ( 60 millions )

Ø  Jharkhand        ( 32.9 millions )    Vs.   Morocco   ( 33 millions )

These 7 states combined can surpass entire Europe which has a population of 595 millions !

This is also our wake-up call !

But wait ! Drafting of Lokpal Bill takes precedence over the ticking away population explosion bomb !

How can we let these millions die from corruption ? It is ok to let them die from starvation !


With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment