Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 5 July 2017

A Wasted Effort ?



Mumbai Mirror ( 05 July ) carries following news :




“ No space to treat waste , say housing societies “



The civic body’s latest decision to not pick up wet waste from housing complexes and let the societies treat the garbage on their own from October has Mumbaikars worried


But members of several societies said that they don’t have the space required to take up such large-scale composting of trash collected from all the flats, others claimed that they lacked the knowledge to undertake segregation of waste at source and then treat them


According to civil officials , the city’s piling solid waste has been giving nightmares to the BMC , which wanted the housing complexes to reduce waste generated at source by undertaking segregation . But very few societies actually did that




While welcoming this initiative of BMC , I have serious reservations re the outcome of this effort


What can really make a difference ?


Read my following blog :


Incentivize  Housing Societies  ( 27  April  2016  )


06  July  2017



No comments:

Post a Comment