In my blog :
I wrote :
# Solar Power Storage
TESLA ( Elon Musk ) is negotiating setting up of a 100 MW “ Storage Installation “ , in Australia , within 100 days, for a price of $ 25 million
For this , TESLA will use its POWER-WALL / POWER-PACK batteries
Can Elon Musk be persuaded to set up 1000 similar Storage Installations in India, within 4 years ?
In my following blogs , I have explained how Elon Musk can be persuaded to do this – and for FREE !
· Not a Day too Soon ( 09 March 2017 )
· Congrats ! and a note of Caution ! ( 07 Feb 2017 )
This morning news-papers report that TESLA won that Australian Contract
Tesla will provide the entire energy storage system for the wind farm via a 100 MW/129 MWh Powerpack system.
The Powerpack will be charged using the energy generated by the wind farm, which is owned by French renewable energy provider Neoen.
It’s expected to make South Australia’s power grid more reliable by delivering energy during peak hours.
That’s roughly the same number of homes affected by a state-wide blackout in South Australia back in September, which left 1.7 million people without electricity.
In a tweet, Musk proudly announced that the Hornsdale Powerpack system would be the world’s highest power battery system.
And here is that INDIAN WINDOW :
In India :
· Solar and Wind Power generation is making rapid strides
· Coal based power plants are inefficient and their power is costlier ( than solar )
· Plant load Factor of coal based plants is falling continuously , making them nonviable
· Roof Top Solar are operating in Mini Local Grids ( very small transmission )
· Construction of dozens of new coal based plants is suspended ( no takers ! )
· May be Rs 5 lakh*crore worth of bank loans given to these “ under construction “ plants , will turn NPA
As a result ,
· There is a growing “ imbalance “ in the installed capacities of Coal / Solar / Wind power generation
· Whereas cheap / efficient / clean , Solar and Wind generated power cannot be stored for later use ( eg: during peak demand at night )
TESLA’s Battery Storage solves that problem
08 July 2017
www.hemenparekh.in / blogs