Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 8 September 2017

Good : But not Great !



Economic Times ( 08 Sept ) carries a report titled :




“ Rail Minister Goyal Reviews Safety Issues “



Minister issued following directions to the officials :


·         Remove all 4,000 unmanned railway level crossings within a year


·         Stop manufacture of unsafe ICF coaches and instead go for safer LHB coaches


·         All track replacements should be given priority and the rails earmarked for constructing new lines should be diverted to stretches which are prone to accidents and where replacement is due


·         Expedite the procurement of new rails on a large scale


·         Install anti-fog LED lights in locomotives





Without doubt these measures will improve the railway’s safety record


But , far from enough !


To save 15,000 lives every year , I urge Shri Goyal to challenge our scientists to implement my following suggestion :






ACase of Misplaced Priority ? 

 

https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2016/11/a-case-of-misplaced-priority.html

 

 

A Prabhu– on – Earth ? 

 

https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2017/08/a-prabhu-on-earth.html

 

 

08  Sept  2017

www.hemenparekh.in / blogs

 






No comments:

Post a Comment