Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 23 April 2018

#ElectricVehicle #ElonMusk


 A  Phased  Manufacturing  Program  ?




Economic Times ( 24 April ) carries following news :













Extract  :


The proposal provides for compulsory sourcing of minimum 50% domestic content for electric vehicles in the first year, 60% in the second year and 70% in the third year, a government official said.





Here is what I had proposed in my following email to the Policy Makers , one year back :



Will  TESLA  follow  APPLE  ?






Dear Elon :



For immediate approval ( in 24 hours ) , pl submit your PMP as follows :



2017-18  :

Set up factory next to Mundra Port ( Gujarat ) to facilitate world-wide exports




2018-19  :

Source locally , Tyres / Chasis / Body / Electricals  / Windows / Dashboards ..etc





2019-20   :

Manufacture in your own factory , Li-ion Battery  / Wall-mounted Powerpack Storages /
Solar Roof Tiles





2020-21  :

Manufacture  RFID Sensors - Cameras – GPS locators





2021-22   :

Augmented Reality  Devices  /  Autonomous Navigation Devices ( Radar – Lidar  )





Now , it is very possible that neither Shri Gadkariji , nor Shri Goyalji , would be satisfied with such a slow PMP , spread out over a period of 5 years



They may , well request  Elon to cut it down to 3 years



And , if they do, I get a feeling that Elon would telescope the entire PMP , in 2 YEARS !



Apparently , Emails take a few months to reach the govt officers  !



24  April  2018




No comments:

Post a Comment