Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 27 April 2018

#Facebook #MarkZuckerberg #Privacy


Facebook  :  The  Formidable 



Times of India ( 20 April ) carries following news :




Facebook has 50,000 ways to target you with ads ”

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/facebook-has-50000-ways-to-target-you-with-ads/articleshow/63841167.cms


=============================



How 50,000 ways  ?



I suppose the author must have computed the “ Permutations and Combinations “ of the following “ Variable Factors “ mentioned in the article :



DATA  THAT  USER  PROVIDES :

*  Age / Gender / Home Address / Friends / Education / Occupation



DATA WHICH Facebook COLLECTS FROM USER ACTIVITY :


*    What vehicle you own


*    Where you take your vacation


*    What Gadgets you use


*    If you are in relationship or had a break-up


*    Who lives in your house


*    Your political leanings


*    Your work place


*    Restaurants you visit


*    Businesses you interact with


*    Your online shopping


*    Your Credit history


*    Your budget for a new home






Just 50,000 ways to target you ?



I get a feeling that the total number of “ Permutations and Combinations “ run into MILLIONS , if you consider ALL the VARIABLES that I have listed in my following blogs :



 

2024 ! – V 2.0 of Orwellian 1984 ?   [ 07  July  2017  ]





Privacy does not live here !  [  22  July  2017  ]






27  April   2018









No comments:

Post a Comment