Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Buy or Lease ?





That ought to be the question for EESL which just announced its plan to “ purchase “another 20,000 Electric Cars before March 2019



I suppose , this is on top of the 10 , 000 cars for which , it tendered a few months back and placed orders for 500 cars on TATA and 150 cars on Mahindra



Why is EESL keen on “ outright purchase “ when , recently several Municipalities have been opting for wet-leasing of buses ?



For details, read :




 



Highlights :


Goldstone-BYD placed bids as low as ₹29.28 per km for a 9-meter AC bus to Bengaluru, followed by ₹36 per km bid for a similar one for Hyderabad.


Tata Motors won a similar contract in Jaipur with ₹70 per km bid. The Centre is evaluating the per bus cost in such cases to derive subsidy outgo, the official said.




And these prices are for a tender for 230+40  buses only  !



In my following earlier blogs ( sent as emails to Policy Makers + EESL ), I have strongly urged EESL to “ wet lease “ those 20,000 Electric Cars , rather than buy



I have estimated that “ per km “ lease-charge could drop below Rs 15 per km !



And , if wet lease was resorted , Government can save thousands of crore of rupees annually !



I hope better economic sense will prevail !



EESL: Lease cars , do not Buy !  [ 16  Aug  2017  ]

Waitingto be proved wrong !  [  30  Sept  2017  ]

https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2017/09/waiting-to-be-proved-wrong.html

 

To Buyor not to Buy ?  [  11  Oct  2017  ]

https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2017/10/to-buy-or-not-to-buy.html

 

Logical toLease  [  06  Mar  2018  ]

https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2018/03/logical-to-lease.html

 

03  April  2018

www.hemenparekh.in / blogs

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment