Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 13 April 2018

#Parking #HighCourt #Law #Corruption


A  Law  on  Parking  ?



Following news appeared in today’s Hindustan Times :




“ Time for a separate law on parking : HC “



It reads :


The time has come to have a separate law on parking, the Bombay High Court said on Friday , when it directed the State to clarify its stand on making it compulsory to show a proof of having parking space for new vehicles before registering them



“ Why can’t you make a provision…… show your parking place and get your new vehicle registered “ , the division bench of justice Naresh Patil and justice Girish Kulkarni asked the centre and the State



“ Why can’t you ask one question to the person seeking to get his new vehicle registered – if he has the necessary space to park the vehicle “






On 21 Dec 2016 , Livemint reported :



Car buyers may need parking space certificate in future  :   Venkaiah Naidu



Afraid that such a law would open up , a PANDORA’S  BOX , I was prompted to write :


A KneeJerk Approach ?  [  22  Dec  2016  ]


Excerpt from that blog :



Next , will the government come out and say :


" If you cannot prove that you have adequate means to support / bring up a child , you cannot bring her to life " ?


In fact , our constitution promises certain " fundamental rights " to every child born , irrespective of the financial condition of its parents





I am not suggesting that it is a fundamental right of every " new-born " car that the government provide it with a " parking space " !



Would you go so far as to tell the car manufacturers :

" Thou shall not sell a car to a person who cannot produce a certificate that he actually possesses , a parking space " ?






Or , tell Washing Machine manufacturers :

" You shall not sell a washing machine to a person , who does not have " Certificate of Adequate Water Supply " ?





If so , how about telling the doctors in hospitals :

"  You will not permit a baby to be born in your hospital , till the would-be parent produces a statement of his bank balance " ?






And prey , who will be that " CERTIFYING AGENCY " ?


By enacting " Un-implementable " laws , are you not giving rise to corruption ?


How much would I need to bribe that " CERTIFYING AGENCY " ( no doubt , with new Rs 2,000 note ! ) , to get such a permit ?



And how much more ( by way of monthly " haftas " ) to " IMPLEMENTING AGENCY " ?


And having obtained a " parking space "  , can I ,


*  " TRANSFER " it to someone else when I move to another street or town ?

*  " SELL " it or " RENT " it , if I sell my car and do not need a parking space ?

*  " GIFT " it to a relative / friend ?

*  " WILL " it to my children when I die ?

*  " INHERIT " it from my grandfather ? ( like " Purush-Dhan " ? )



Dear Shri Venkaiahji ,


Before rushing in with such a draconian measure , I urge you to upload a online OPINION SURVEY , inviting citizens to tell you whether it will provide a solution or increase corruption


14  April  2018



No comments:

Post a Comment