Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 21 May 2018

ARIHANT : Beyond “ Thought Experiment “







Following news report talks about Google’s “ thought experiment “ , detailed in a secret video titled The Selfish Ledger





Extract :


…it tells the speculative story of how the technology giant might develop a universal model of human behaviour by collecting as much data from people as possible.


What if the ledger could be given a volition or purpose, rather than simply acting as a historical reference? What if we focused on creating a richer ledger by introducing more sources of information? What if we thought of ourselves not as the owners of this information, but as custodians? Transient carriers or caretakers.


The video goes on to suggest an AI algorithm could then use the ledger’s data to steer people towards better behaviour….




I got reminded of my following thoughts, expressed in an earlier blog :



*   Technology has advanced so far – and continues to accelerate even faster –
     that it is possible to treat  “ Content ( personal  / private data ) “  like an air
     molecule , which keeps travelling freely around the earth and gets inhaled a
     trillion times ( content consumption ) by a billion humans . Introduction of 5G
     and Li-Fi technologies  will speed up this process even further



*  Parallel to the Theory of Thermodynamics , I would like to propound the
    following  as far as the “ Theory of Information “ is concerned :

     
     “  Like Entropy , content keeps growing with each and every human
     interaction , either with other humans or with his environment , and content
     can no longer remain hidden , nor can it be destroyed  





And as far as the ability of Google to “ modify human behaviour “ (  to steer people towards better behaviour….) , is concerned, I urge readers to look up :






21  May  2018





No comments:

Post a Comment