Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 27 May 2018

Chat : as in Interview Questions / Answers ?






Just read in my mail box the following from Amazon Echo newsletter :





What’s new with Alexa?

THINGS TO TRY

 

"Alexa, let's chat."

The 2018 Alexa Prize socialbots are live ! Start a conversation today




Apparently, Alexa read my 2 month old blog !



[  For more on how Alexa snoops on its users, read :



About 2 months ago , I wrote :





“ How long before some smart Indian Start Up , comes up with a “ Voice  App “ which turns on its head , the  current role of Alexa to provide answers to questions / commands of the owner ?


How long before you tell Alexa :


“ Alexa , can you ask me  interview questions for the job of a BUSINESS ANALYST ? “



And , not only will Alexa ,


·         shoot off those questions from its vast database of Interview Questions


·         listen and record your answers  ( “ Speech – to – Text “ conversion database )


·         tell you your “ Raw Score “ and “ Percentile Score “


·         advise you of a few , most suitable job-vacancies ( picked up from job portals ) ,


          based on matching of your “ Skills – Domain Knowledge “ with “ job description “



·         and if you say , “ go ahead and apply “, also email your resume ( with the score ) to
          the concerned job-advertiser !





And who knows . how long before Alexa can turn itself into a “ Candidate Bot “ ( an avatar of the candidate ) and even appear for that job interview on your behalf  !


( ala  https://oben.me/  )





It is only a matter of few months that you won’t need a separate ( - and expensive ) device called Alexa ECHO



Every smart phone will morph into an Alexa ( or a SIRI / CORTANA / GOOGLE MINI )



May be even that “ feature phone “ of Reliance Jio  !



Those phones will start “ interviewing “ millions of jobless / unemployed around the world



I believe , having launched “ Google Job Search “ , Google will win this race



But here is a niche ( and lucrative ) market for Alexa



Possibly ONE billion ( out of 7 billion ) people on earth are OLD ( above 60 ) and LONELY
VERY LONELY and depressed



They desperately need to “ Chat “ with someone – anyone , even a device !



Can Alexa keep them company by listening / sympathizing / chatting , as envisaged in :




Share  Your  Soul  [  24  July  2016  ]




Let no one doubt whether Alexa has read my blog !



To know how this will shape up , read :





28  May  2018



No comments:

Post a Comment