Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 27 May 2018

Floating Island Nation ?





Yes , and two years ago , I had even named it  :



United States of Migrants  [  25  April  2016  ]





From following news report , it seems I was not far off !








Extract :


The Floating Island Project is a very real collaboration between the Seasteading Institute and Blue Frontiers


The team hopes to launch the first settlement by 2020, as Futurism previously reported.


In an interview with CNBC, Nathalie Mezza-Garcia –researcher for the Floating Island Project – spoke about the project’s goals to create hundreds of floating island-nations, where people could live by whatever rules they so please. 


Other goals include: 


housing refugees who are displaced as climate change gives rise to higher sea levels, enriching the poor, curing the sick, feeding the hungry, living in balance with nature, and powering the world.


 

Related  reading :


Not So far - fetched , After all !  ( 02 Feb 2017 )





Past-ly Jest : presently Just ?  (  24  Feb  2018  )





28  May  2018







No comments:

Post a Comment