Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 31 May 2018

#Google #GoogleJobSearch #Neighbourly


Is there a job in Neighbourhood  ?



It seems, Google just launched in Mumbai , a mobile app called “ Neighbourly


For details , read :






The new app lets users ask questions like if there is a garage nearby, good haircut places and the mom and pop store (kirana) where you get a particular herb in the locality



Now this opens up a great opportunity for those “ mom and pop “ stores


Not only to sell their products / services but also to announce the vacancies ( jobs ) that they might want filled , only with “ local jobseekers “ , who can work 10 hours per day ( since , they don’t need to spend 2 hours on local trains , to / from  home - work place )


Having already launched “ Google Job Search “ , this extension to “ Neighbourly “ will pose no problem for Google


In a city like Mumbai , even those who are already employed , would be happy to accept a 10 % cut in their monthly salary , if they can get an “ equivalent “ job in the neighbourhood , and save 2 hours of daily commute !


I am glad that after waiting for 13 years , Google is finally appreciating what I offered to its then Country Manager , Shri Ashish Kashyap , in my letter dated Dec  31 , 2005


{ Read :




I have no idea if Shri Kashyap ever got to read my letter , but I am hoping Shri Sundar Pichai [ CEO – Google ] , found time to read my following e mail :


Challenges Worthy of Google ?  [  05  Jan  2017  ]


01       June  2018



No comments:

Post a Comment