Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 20 October 2018

Deja Vu ( Same , Same ) ?




Last evening, some 60 persons got killed by a train , near Amritsar


They were standing on railway tracks to watch burning of an effigy of Ravana


Predictably , politicians rushed to the accident site , visited injured in hospitals , blamed rail authorities / government in power , announced “ compensations ( Rs 2 lakhs / Rs 5 lakhs ) to the kin,  etc etc


Railway minister Shri Piyush Goyalji has also ordered  “ mandatory inquiry “


I am surprised and anguished


Surprised that , despite being tech-savvy , why did he want to waste time , ordering a brand new / fresh inquiry ?


All he had to do is to input into IBM’s Watson Artificial Intelligence software , reports of inquiries of the past 25 major train accidents !


Voila  !

Within a matter of minutes, Watson would spew out a BRAND NEW REPORT ( of course , location / date / no killed / no injured etc would need to be filled in at the blank spaces manually  )



Now the anguish part


I quite appreciate that Railways cannot construct 10 feet tall walls on both sides of the 115,000 km long train tracks , all over India, although Mumbai-Nagpur Super Highway is planning to do just that for its 700 km length , for a sum of Rs 6,000 crore ( - knowing that this has not worked in Mumbai )


But what prevented the Railways to “ explore “ the possibility of my suggestions sent to Shri Suresh Prabhu ( the then Rail Minister ) vide following emails ?

Indian Railways : A Trillion Dollar Opportunity               [  03 Sept 2016  ]

Not so Futuristic ?                                                        [ 11  Sept  2016  ]

 

A Matter of Shame !                                                     [ 13  March  2017 ]

 


A Prabhu – on – Earth ?                                                 [ 19  Aug  2017  ]

 

Where Prabhu failed, will Piyush succeed ?                       [ 18 Mar 2018  ]

 

Killer Tracks of Mumbai Locals                                         [ 23  Mar  2018  ]

 

 

 

Dear Shri Piyush Goyalji,

 

May be you did not get to read my earlier e mails


I urge you to take a few minutes to read my suggestion ( re low voltage EMP devices to be installed along the train tracks ) – then , for an expert opinion on its feasibility , write to :

 

Dr D V Giri

Pro – Tech , Alamo , CA
Adjunct Prof , Dept of ECE , University of Mexico  www.dvgiri.com  )







21  Oct  2018

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment