Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 24 January 2021

Digital Voter ID Card : The First Step

 


Context :

You will soon be able to download your voter ID card: Details here  /  MINT  /  24 Jan 2021

 

Extract :

Ø  On the occasion of 11th National Voters' Day (NVD), Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad will on Monday launch electronic version of the voter identity card, termed launch the e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) programme, which can be downloaded on mobile phone or personal computer.

Ø  The e-elector photo identity card is non-editable digital version of the elector photo identity card and it can be saved in facilities such as digital locker and can be printed in the PDF format, Election Commission officials said.

 

Ø  The e-EPIC initiative would be launched in two phases. In the first phase from January 25 to 31, all new voters who have applied for the voter-ID card and registered their mobile numbers in Form-6 will be able to download the e-EPIC by simply authenticating their mobile number.

Ø  The mobile numbers should be unique and not be previously registered in the ECI's electoral rolls.

Ø  The Aadhaar card, Permanent Account Number (PAN) card and driving licence are available in digital mode already.

Ø  Introduced in 1993, the elector photo identity cards are accepted as proof of identity and address.

=================================================

My Take :

Ø  I am One , I will become Many  /  06 Jan 2020

 

Extract :

Ø  Now , since my original suggestion of 2013 , technology has made huge strides

 


Ø  Time has come to dispense with all physical cards and merge all of those into , one VIRTUAL CARD

 

       Following is my suggestion :

      #  Central Govt to launch a online portal called,

        www.SUIIC.gov.in  (  Single Unified Identity for Indian Citizen )

 

Read the design of the ULTIMATE SINGLE IDENTITY solution at above-mentioned link

 

Dear Shri RaviShankar Prasadji,

Many thanks for moving in this direction

With regards.

Hemen Parekh  /  hcp@RecruitGuru.com  /  25 Jan 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment