Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 18 January 2021

Birth of a Black hole ?

 


 

It is said, even light cannot escape a black hole

A black hole is about to be born ( in India’s E Commerce Sky ) from which no data can escape !


Context :

Reliance to embed JioMart in WhatsApp within six months   /  ET NOW  /  18 Jan 2021


Extract :

Ø  Reliance Retail Ltd is planning to embed its e-commerce app JioMart into Facebook-owned WhatsApp within six months. The move will allow 400 million users of the messaging service to order products from JioMart without having to leave Whatsapp.

Ø  JioMart was launched in May last year across 200 cities and towns. In July 2020, Jio announced that WhatsApp and JioMart would work closely to let the latter transact and also create opportunities for kirana stores in the country. 

Ø  Mukesh Ambani said that JioMart has now enabled a multi-purpose point of service (POS) services to enable smooth transactions between stores and their users. "JioMart and WhatsApp will be working closely to create growth opportunities for millions of Indian small merchants and enable customers seamlessly transact with kirana shops," said Mukesh Ambani. 

Ø  A WhatsApp spokesperson told the publication, “Through our investment with Jio, we’re going to bring millions of small businesses and the customers they serve into the digital economy. This will make it easier for businesses to connect with customers and close sales".

Ø  Meanwhile, Reliance Retail is also set to rope in local kirana stores as franchise partners to fulfill orders placed on JioMart. The kirana stores will sell these products to consumers in their respective neighbourhoods.

Ø  In the case of products ordered on JioMart and not in stock with the kiranas — which typically sell the 300-400 most popular items — Reliance Retail will supply them and the margins will be shared equally

Ø  Reliance Market, will be turned into fulfilment centres for B2B delivery of products to kiranas. The neighbourhood stores will place their orders online and get deliveries at their outlets. 

Ø  On the other hand, WhatsApp Business app has its own inventory management feature which allows businesses to showcase and share products and services by creating a catalogue. Recently, the messaging platform added a shopping button that gives customers access to a business’s catalogue directly from their chat screen.

Ø  Reliance not only helps kiranas procure items but, through its point of sales ( PoS ) machine, offers the kiranas, FINANCING, INVENTORY MANAGEMENT, and TAX-RETURN FILING services, among others

Ø  APIs for any catalogue-based service will be built in such a way that as soon as NEW INVENTORY comes in, it will keep feeding TWO-DIRECTIONAL DATA to both Jio Systems and what is front-ended on WhatsApp

===================================================

WHAT DATA WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE THIS BLACK HOLE ?

 

STAGE  1

To begin with, your entire PURCHASE HISTORY of a life-time, comprising :

Ø  WHAT you purchased - WHEN – from WHOM – at WHAT PRICE – HOW much qty., – how PAID for

 

STAGE 2

Next, it will compile data about each unique item that you ever purchased – and some more :

Ø  Frequency of Purchase

Ø  Package Size

Ø  Brands ordered

Ø  Mode of Delivery

Ø  Mobile Number ( and, may be all of your CONTACT DATA – to entice your friends / family )

Ø  Your MONTHLY CONSUMPTION RATE for each item ( and by using AI, size of your family )

Ø  Whether you are single or married ( does not require sophisticated software ! )

Ø  If married, number – and age – of your children

Ø  Your bank ( - and your bank balance ? You bet ! )

 

STAGE 3

And then this Black Hole will find all of your visits / activities that you carried out with your mobile at any website and collect / compile, following data about me :

[ source :  Just  Ask  Google  !     28 Nov 2017 ] 

 

          Who I am ( name )

 

     Where and when, I was born / who were my parents

 

     Where I grew up / where I live currently

 

     Do I live in a rented place or in an owned flat

 

     What Schools / Colleges I attended ( - and degrees I acquired )

 

    What Companies I worked for and salaries I got

 

    How I travel to work ( own vehicle or public transport )

 

   Where I go for my holidays / what books I read

 

   Who I married and who are my children ( - and how many )

 

   If divorced, how much alimony I pay and to whom

 

   Where I invest my money ( Banks – Funds – Equity etc )

 

   How much I have borrowed from whom and for how long

 

   My Credit ranking  ( including my spending history / card wise – wallet wise )

 

   What are my eating ( food ) preferences and the restaurants I visit

 

   What I do for entertainment ( Music / Movies / Videos )

 

   What clothes I wear and how often do I buy

 

   Who are my friends and how often I phone / text them / meet them

 

   What ailments I suffer from and what medicines I take

 

   What minor offences ( traffic ) or crimes that I have committed

 

   What elections I have contested ( won and lost )

 

   Who are my doctors / lawyers / brokers / agents etc

 

   What web sites I visit and how often and for how long

 

   What do I search on the Net / What RSS feeds I subscribe to

 

   What TV channels I watch and Radio Stations that I listen to

 

   Every photo of mine ever taken ( selfie or otherwise )

 

   Every phone call that I ever made or received

 

   Every Email / Text message that I ever sent or received

 

   Every blog / comment that I ever posted on the Web

 

   Every face-to-face communication that I engaged in

 

 

 

   STAGE 4

 

          Before placing an order, you might have many questions which remain

          unanswered on product-photo / catalogue

 

          These could be about :

 

          Ingredients / Expiry Date / Side effects / Return policy / Contact details of 

          Customer care / Compliance with  National – International Standards for that

          product / Country of Origin / Veg – Non Veg / - host of matters

          

          WhatsApp – JioMart App will introduce a Conversational AI Chatbot, with

          which you can engage to ask such questions and get proper answer (

          somewhat like ALEXA  GOOGLE ASSISTANT  SIRI  CORTANA etc )

 

         

          When 400 million users of WhatsApp, each asking every day, just 10

          questions, this Chatbot will soon have answers to all of your questions !  

 

          

 

    STAGE 5

  

      I like to compare this stage with EVENT HORIZON, upon reaching which, there is

      no escape !

 

       At this stage, WhatsApp / JioMart will “ Register and feed your Life-Data “ ( of

       course, your permission to do so,  would be built into the app–hence no

       separate permission needed ! ) to NEON.life  web site and create for you,

       a virtual NEON View, which will :

         

 

Ø  Know when you are about to run out of an item

Ø  Tell you that a replenishment has been ordered

Ø  When – and how - it will get delivered

Ø  Which of your bank account has been debited

Ø  Recommend newer / better alternatives now available, with their advantages

Ø  What other alternatives, your friends / relatives are using

 

 NEON View will have the face of your loved one and talk with you in his / her voice !

 

Those having any doubts re this “ Shape – and Sound – of Things to Come “, read this :

   After You Die, Microsoft Wants to Resurrect You as a Chatbot  /  13 Jan 2021

 Extract :

Ø  Last month, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office granted a patent to Microsoft that outlines a process to create a conversational chatbot of a specific person using their social data. In an eerie twist, the patent says the chatbot could potentially be inspired by friends or family members who are deceased,

 

Ø  According to the new Microsoft patent, images, voice data, social media posts, electronic messages, and written letters can all be used to "create or modify a specific index in the theme of the specific person's personality." From there, engineers can use the index to train a chatbot to converse like that person—yes, even if they're already dead.


Ø  Even creepier: The application could also don the likeness of your dead loved one in a "2D or 3D model," and utilize their voice while talking to you.


    Of course, chances are much better for the following Start-ups to come up with their version before Microsoft :

 

 

Ø  Pranav Mistry ……………………………. NEON

Ø  Nikhil Jain / Adam Zheng  ……….. Oben

Ø  Joe Ward ……………………………………. Ikin

 

===================================================

With regards,

Hemen Parekh  /  hcp@RecruitGuru.com / 19 Jan 2021

===================================================

Related Readings :

JioMart fulfills Isha’s wishes …………………………………………………………..[ 14 Jan 2021 ]

 

Asha of Isha ? …………………………………………………………………………………..[ 15 July 2020 ]

 

A White Hole called Reliance Retail   ……………………………………………..[ 29 April 2020 ]

 

Congratulations, Shri Pawan Kumar Agarwal   ………………………………[ 13 April 2020 ]

 

Jumping onto Reliance Retail Bandwagon   …………………………………… 07 March 2020 ]

 

Unfolding as Envisaged ?   ………………………………………………………………[ 30 Dec 2019 ]

 

Disruption : The New Survival Strategy ……………………………………….[ 04 Sept 2019 ]

 

Ready to revolutionize Retail [ 3R ] ?   ………………………………………….[ 15 Aug 2019 ]

 

Who needs Fulfillment Centres [ FC ] ? Not Reliance Retail………..[ 23 April 2019 ]

 

Bypass E : Go from D to F   …………………………………………………………..[ 07 Feb 2019 ]

 

Weave a Wondrous World [ W3 ] …………………………………………………..[ 20 Jan 2019 ]

 

Mukesh has the last laugh !  …………………………………………………………..[ 31 Dec 2018 ]

 

Re-defining Retail : Maini and Mukesh ……………………………………………[ 30 Oct 2018 ]

 

Jio Hubs : Entrepreneurs Apply ………………………………………………………[ 19 Sept 2018 ]

 

Reliance Juggernaut Rolls !  …………………………………………………………….[ 06 July 2018 ]

 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment