Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 2 September 2024

MMOPL

 

MMOPL Launches new taptap wristband for metro one passengers.

 

Extract:

 

In a significant move, Mumbai Metro has introduced the TapTap wristband as a novel ticketing option for Metro 1 passengers.

 

This wristband allows commuters to swiftly access the metro by scanning a QR code at the entry point, with a price tag of 200 rupees.

 

With over 4 lakh passengers utilizing the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar Metro 1 line, this innovative ticketing approach is set to streamline the commuting experience for many.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My Take:

 

 Tap In / Tap Out….18/02/2023

 

"The integration of digital ticketing systems in public transport, such as the Tap In/Tap Out feature in Mumbai's e-double decker buses, showcases a step towards modernizing transportation infrastructure.

 

Back in 2016, I emphasized the shift towards air-conditioned buses, the implementation of Bus Rapid Transit Systems (BRTS), and the necessity of real-time bus arrival indicators.

 

The introduction of such digital solutions not only enhances commuter convenience but also aligns with the vision of efficient public transportation systems."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A Rose By Any Other Name….22/04/2022

 

"The advent of digital bus passes with Tap In/Tap Out features in Mumbai's eco-friendly buses signals a progressive shift in urban mobility. In my 2016 blog post, I highlighted public transport as a sustainable solution and the importance of technological advancements in reducing pollution.

 

The evolution towards seamless ticketing experiences and the integration of digital innovations like BHIM and ARJUN into transit systems echo the continuous drive towards a more efficient and environmentally conscious public transport network."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Call to Action:

 

To the Mumbai Metro authorities, I suggest exploring further technological advancements to enhance the commuter experience, such as integrating contactless payment systems or introducing personalized travel recommendations based on commuter usage patterns.


With regards, 

 

Hemen Parekh

 

www.My-Teacher.in

No comments:

Post a Comment