Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 9 September 2024

Narayan Muthy talks about Coaching Classes

 


 

Context :

Narayana Murthy highlights India’s low R&D investment; calls out coaching class culture  .. BL .. 10 Sept 2024

Extract :

Narayana Murthy, the founder of Infosys, stated that calling India a science-loving nation might be an exaggeration.

Murthy, commenting on the education system in India, said, “Aside from some exceptions, in India, we have focused by and large on rote learning which doesn’t help us relate what was learned in the class to think about real-world problems.”

He added that coaching classes are not the solution to help children learn better.

That notion is wrong.

At the end of the day, coaching classes might introduce a certain discipline that every parent can provide at home. These classes do have somebody to guide you in that subject if you commit a mistake. The problem is most students don’t listen carefully; there may also be cases where parents are not as competent to help,” Murthy said, adding that if a student uses the time properly and listens to the teacher carefully, there may be little need for these classes

 


Dear Shri Murthyji

(  n_murthy@infosys.com  /  narayana_murthy@infosys.com   /  agpandu@infosys.com / nmurthy@infosys.com )

Thank you for some plain speaking . I hope the parents are reading my following email :

Ø  Is Your Child Ready for the New 12th Exam Rules? Start Today !  ..  28 Aug 2024

 

Some 67 years ago ( 1957 ) , I heard Prof. Mischke ( University of Kansas ) announce in a class I took :

“ Only education worth its name is Self Education

As a student , I listened – and never forgot

That made me launch , a few weeks ago , a self education tool in the form of >  www.My-teacher.in

I do not expect you to “ Endorse “ it but I request you to “ Experience “ it on your mobile ( - no registration / login / payments )


With regards.

Hemen Parekh

www.HemenParekh.ai  /  10 Sept 2024

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment