Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Thursday, 1 October 2026

AI Security Requires Robust Action

AI Security Requires Robust Action
Synopsis: As AI capabilities advance, the urgency for robust, systemic security guardrails has never been greater. We must move beyond fragmented efforts and implement a cohesive, internationally recognized framework—like my proposed Parekh’s Law of Chatbots—to ensure technology serves humanity safely. The time for reactive measures has passed; proactive, ethical governance is the only way forward.

The conversation around AI safety has evolved from abstract speculation into a pressing, daily reality. For years, I have argued that we cannot rely on voluntary compliance or piecemeal fixes; the stakes are simply too high. As I have previously discussed, the rapid weaponization of AI by bad actors is no longer a distant threat—it is happening now. ### The Need for Systemic Guardrails When I first proposed Parekh’s Law of Chatbots, the idea was to create a superordinate, international framework that all AI systems must comply with before public release. This is not about stifling innovation; it is about ensuring that the tools we build are inherently aligned with human flourishing. In our rapidly changing landscape, industry leaders are often caught between differing philosophies. We see this tension in the divergent approaches taken by Sam Altman (sama@openai.com) at OpenAI, who pursues ambitious scaling, and the more cautious stance held by Ilya Sutskever (ilya@ssi.inc). Even the vocal public interventions from figures like Elon Musk (erm@tesla.com) underscore that the debate over how we govern these systems is now center stage. However, as I noted in my reflection on organizational trust, public litigation and reputational combat rarely solve the underlying engineering and safety challenges. ### Moving Forward To make AI security robust, we must shift our focus: * Mandatory Standards: We need an International Authority for Chatbot Approval (IACA) that certifies systems for public or research use. * Transparency and Consent: Default opt-out training and opaque development cycles are no longer acceptable. Systems must be built with consent-forward architectures. * Human-in-the-loop: The responsibility for safety cannot be offloaded to an algorithm. We need meaningful human oversight at every stage of deployment. I continue to hold the belief that an AGI, if properly guided by the shared values of humanity, can become a friendly and compassionate partner. But that outcome is not guaranteed by technology alone. It is determined by the governance structures we choose to implement today. --- Regards, Hemen Parekh

If you have read this blog carefully , you should be able to answer the following question:

"What is the core premise of 'Parekh’s Law of Chatbots' regarding AI safety and regulation?" You can find that answer by entering this question at ( 1 ) www.HemenParekh.ai ( 2 ) www.IndiaAGI.ai

No comments:

Post a Comment