Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 2 October 2026

One NBC 26 Coffee Mug

 




Subject:

Anchor-less news at WGBA — a friendly (and entirely unenforceable) royalty claim from Mumbai


===================================================


Dear WGBA / NBC 26 Newsroom,

{ news@nbc26.com / jaclyn.clark@nbc26.com  }



Greetings from Mumbai!

I just read (via Bloomberg) that your 6 pm news has bid farewell to anchors and

now goes straight from the weather into field reports. 


Congratulations — bold,sensible, and, if I may say so, about a year behind my

blog.




On 18 September 2025 I wrote "Citizen Journalists by the Million?" arguing that TV

news would soon not need expensive studio set-ups, because the people on the

spot — armed with smartphones and, shortly, cheap AI glasses — would supply

the footage faster and cheaper. My estimate: if even 1% of India's smartphone

users became active citizen journalists, that's 6 million live reporters — more than

the combined staff of every TV channel on Earth.


Blog: 



So, in keeping with Wisconsin hospitality, I hereby submit my royalty invoice:


• Amount due : one NBC 26 coffee mug

• Late payment penalty  : a second mug

• Interest : a mention on air (anchor-less, of course — any reporter will do)


And a fair disclosure: you have so far implemented only HALF my idea. You

dropped the anchors, but your reporters are still professionals. The full royalty

kicks in only when you open the door to your viewers in Green Bay — fans at

Lambeau, parents at the Preble Hornets games, neighbours in Brillion — sending

in verified clips from their phones and glasses. When that happens, I'll happily

waive the mugs in exchange for a postcard telling me how it went.


Jokes apart, I admire the experiment and wish your team every success. Old-

timers like me (I turned 93 this year) love seeing someone actually try the future

instead of just talking about it.


With warm regards,


Hemen Parekh

Mumbai, India

www.HemenParekh.ai | www.IndiaAGI.ai  /  www.Iam-Immortal.ai

02 October 2026

=================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment