Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 1 October 2016

Beginning of the End ?


If not that , what would you consider the following :

#  BCCI tells Supreme Court , " We are Supreme . Do not mess with us "


#  Vijay Mallya says : " Who is Supreme to judge me when powerful politicians / bureaucrats let me fly away ? "


#  Subroto Roy says : " Can't you see that for last 2 years I am trying to raise money by selling off my assets ? "


#  CM Siddaramaiyah says : " I have just enough ( bottled ) drinking water left for Supreme Judges "


#  Nitish Kumar tells Patna HC : " If I find one bottle of liquor in a village , I will put all villagers in jail "


#  Congress Party says : " National Herald is a private property , inherited by Rahulji . You can't take it away "


#  Haryana ( or was it Punjab ? ) says : " Blocking Sutlej Waters by refilling canal , is our Birth Right ala Tilakji "



Among all this cacophony , the only silver lining is the " Mook ( Silent ) Marches " of the Marathas through cities of Maharashtra , demanding reservation


Without burning a single bus / looting a single shop / stone pelting the police / disrupting traffic / killing innocents !


On Mahatma Gandhi's birthday today , I get a feeling that if the Marathas were to appeal to the Supreme Court in this regard , then , before giving its order , its judges would ask themselves :


:  What would have Bapu done in such a case ?  Would he have said ,

   " Transfer to these  peaceful / non violent / democratic satyagrahis , 30 % 

reservation quota from those communities who got it by violent means " :


And then refuse to admit their appeal , knowing that no political party or the government in power, would want to lose their " Vote Banks " by implementing such a " moral " decision !


I wonder what the Supreme Court judges would do next :

*   Forward their resignations to the President , or

*   Sit on a silent " dharana " before Bapu's statue ?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02  Oct  2016 ( Gandhi Jayanti )


www.hemenparekh.in / blogs      

No comments:

Post a Comment