Business Line ( 13 Feb 2017 ) carries a news report titled :
“ 5 Crore jobs by 2020 : Dattatreya “
It goes on to read :
“The Centre will ensure jobs for 5 crore unemployed people in the country by 2020, according to Bandaru Dattatreya, Union Minister for Labour and Employment.
He was speaking at a press conference after his ministry entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Posts (DoP) to make post offices as employment registration centres for unemployed rural youth, here on Sunday.
The target of providing 5 crore jobs will be achieved by a combination of measures such as digital solutions and regular job melas, the Minister said adding that job melas will be conducted across the country from next month on a large scale.
That answer is a Online Jobs Fair , as described in my following blog ( 05 Aug 2016 ) :
Job Fairs : Offline or Online ?
Recently , NICS ( National Institute of Career Services - Noida ), conducted a ground-based job fair
NICS plans to conduct one such job fair , every month , with the next one planned in Hyderabad
Recruiters from three dozen companies sat in small cubicles , handing out forms and registration numbers and asking some candidates to go to a nearby hostel building for a written or oral test
For 5,000 vacancies , some 11,000 jobseekers turned up but only 640 got shortlisted ( just 6 % )- utter chaos !
CANDIDATES GROUSE :
# Recruiting companies did not disclose the profiles on offer or the salary structure
# Had to spend nearly entire day at the venue, after travelling hundreds of kilometers
# Had to return without knowing the result of the interview
# There was a lot of confusion as some Company recruiters never turned up for the interview
# There was ambiguity in the entire selection process since the Company Display Boards and the Profile
Requirements mentioned during the registration process did not match
# Overcrowding required hundreds of job aspirants to stand in the sun, for hours !
PROBLEMS FACED BY THE RECRUITING COMPANIES :
# Candidates were not job-ready . Even after interviewing 15 candidates , could not zero in on one !
# English language proficiency of the candidates was very poor
# In 25 years ( between 1991 - 2012 ) , employment in Organized Sector grew by 2.85 million jobs
( just above 1 lakh per year as against addition of some 120 lakh jobseekers entering job market per year ! )
# In 2014, eight key manufacturing sectors created 4.2 lakh jobs and in 2015 , just 2 lakh jobs
MY TAKE :
# Whereas ground based Job Fairs have been around for many years , there is no way these can provide a
solution to matching available jobs to available jobseekers ( 120 lakhs per year )
# India has close to 50 million MSME . Assuming that only 10 % of these need to hire just ONE person each year,
( either by way of replacement or for growth of business ) , that amounts to some 5 million jobs per year
These MSME do not advertise their vacancies, either in newspapers or on online job portals . These vacancies
get filled by word-of-mouth
CAN TECHNOLOGY HELP ?
# Sure ! The answer lies in " Online Jobs Fair " - a job portal with a difference !
# An " Online Jobs Fair " , does NOT suffer from the following limitations of an " Offline ( ground-based ) job fair :
* No physical space limitations . Unlimited number of VIRTUAL INTERVIEW CABINS can be created on the fly
* Unlimited numbers of jobseekers and recruiters can come ONLINE , at any given instance(millions, if you will )
* Since this platform also enables FOREIGN COMPANIES to interview INDIAN CANDIDATES , such interviews
can take place round-the-clock ! This platform will vastly improve overseas recruitment of Indian jobseekers
* Thousands of INTERVIEWS can be going on SIMULTANEOUSLY , in total privacy ( from anywhere in World )
* 4 interviewers ( belonging to same company ) , located in 4 different cities , can interview the same candidate
jointly by logging in at the same time in the same INTERVIEW CABIN ( password protected entry )
* Neither the candidates nor the interviewers need to travel , saving millions of wasted man-hours
* Interviews can be pre-scheduled and candidates will be emailed in advance , when to log into which cabin.
The SCHEDULER SOFTWARE will do this automatically
* Candidate Assessment Forms will get filled in ONLINE and made available to concerned candidate by email
* Offer letters ( or Offer Intention Letters ) or Rejection Letters will get emailed as soon as CANDIDATE
ASSESSMENT form gets mandatorily filled in online !
* Company Display Boards will be visible to ALL visiting jobseekers to decide which jobs to apply for
* Resume Rating software will automatically " rate and rank " resumes of all candidates applying
against a particular vacancy and arrange applicant-resumes in descending order of " Raw Score " and send out
Interview Schedule to shortlisted candidates , without human intervention
* All online interviews will take place using Audio-Video chat thru Skype / FaceTime ( from Smart phones )
* All interview " Conversations " ( questions and answers ) will get recorded and made available to candidate
being interviewed for his study and improving his " Interviewing Skills "
There are many other advantages , not listed above but which you can read at :
www.hemenparekh.in > Reports > OnLineJobsFair
Should Ministry of Labour desire , I would be happy to design / develop and hand-over such a online platform without any charge / fees , provided ,
# Labour Ministry hosts and maintains it
# Makes it available for use ( by Recruiters and Jobseekers ) , FREE OF COST
Neither the governments ( Central + States ) , nor the Organized Sector , is in a position to " CREATE " 12 million
jobs per year .
By creating OnLineJobsFair ( a kind of Virtual Employment Exchange ) , we can help our youth to
enter Job Market of entire World
A beginning of " WORLD WIDE WORK FEDERATION ( W3F )
A beginning of " WORLD WIDE WORK FEDERATION ( W3F )
Last ( but not the least ) :
OnLineJobsFair will enable millions of young Indians to offer their " Remote Services " to Foreign Companies !
Services such as " Coding " / " Caring " / " Consulting " / " Curating " / " Controlling " etc
It may even become a " Business Meeting " platform !
13 Feb 2017
www.hemenparekh.in / blogs