Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Never file a Court Case ?



This advice , despite being  very sound , is not always possible to follow for everyone


There are times when one just cannot avoid going to a court for redress of some perceived injustice


But , before you do , consider this :


·         In all the Indian Courts , there are 3.15 crore cases pending disposal


·         Of these , over 10 % are pending for over 10 years , due to repeated adjournments by judges




Now , the Code of Criminal Procedure ( CrPC ) says :



“ No judge can give repeated adjournments in a case – not more than three – unless it is extremely unavoidable


In cases where more than three adjournments are given, a judge has to record the reasons for the same

 “

=================================


The government wants High Courts to monitor and regularly provide figures to it on the cases disposed of by district courts , in which the courts have adhered to the limit of three adjournments as mandated in CPC ( Civil Procedure Code )


I urge the government to AUTOMATE such DATA COMPILATION , by implementing Mobile App :


AdJourn  






31  Aug  2017


www.hemenparekh.in / blogs  

No comments:

Post a Comment