Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Tell , Sell or Participate ?



DNA ( 28 Aug ) carries a report titled :




“ Simultaneous LS, State polls mooted “



Niti Aayog suggests switch to synchronized elections from 2024 to save costs


Last february , Prime Minister Narendra Modi had pitched for conducting simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and the State Assemblies


Acting on the suggestion, Niti Aayog came out with a draft report in April, which was circulated among the governing council members ( consisting Chief Ministers of all states among others )




Of course, neither PM nor Niti Aayog, is in a position to “ TELL “ the political parties :


“ I am telling you , this is what I have decided to implement “




I suppose , they are trying to “ SELL “ this idea to the Chief Ministers , by saying :

“ We want to implement this ( idea ) for reasons of  Saving Costs




I think they should go to the next step of managing , viz : PARTICIPATION :



By asking  :


“ Round the year elections are causing grave damage to our ECONOMY / GOVERNANCE


What do YOU suggest that we could  / should do , to come out of this predicament ? “



And , in order to bring subtle – but certain – pressure on all the political parties to reach a CONSENSUS , Niti Aayog may want to consider launching a mobile – based SURVEY of our 700 + MILLION voters ( as to what do they think of this idea ), as outlined in my following earlier blog ( sent as email to all concerned ) :


ONE  NATION ,  ONE  VOTE  ?   [  29  Nov  2016  ]






Getting  EVERYONE  onto the bandwagon , is the ONLY sure way of smooth implementation 


=======================================================


30  Aug  2017



No comments:

Post a Comment