Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 6 June 2018

#RFID , A breakthrough , at last ?




For over 2 years now , I have sent dozens of emails ( basically , my blogs ) to our Policy Makers , suggesting embedding of RFID sensors in Rs 500 and Rs 2000 currency notes , so that any large  accumulation of such high currency notes ( predetermined at 1000 or 10,000 notes ? ), in one sq meter area can be traced / tracked , remotely



This accumulation can be made to show up on the Central Servers of I T dept / ED / etc , to catch the BLACK MONEY



But, that plastic currency note needed an in-built tiny battery , to supply power to the RFID sensor so that it can announce its existence( Serial Number of the Currency note  )



Incorporating such a battery, was not possible in a thin ( plastic ) currency note , although embedding a microscopic RFID sensor poses no insurmountable problem



But here is a breakthrough that could finally solve this problem !






Here is the paragraph which is relevant :


“ The researchers are now working on making the power delivery more efficient and transferring it over greater distances.


This technology also has the potential to improve RFID applications in other areas such as inventory control, retail analytics, and “smart” environments, allowing for longer-distance object tracking and communication, the researchers say.



References :


Prof Giovanni Traverso   [  ctraverso@partners.org   ]









I urge Shri Jaitleyji to take a few minutes to read my following blog :

Currency Maps of India ?  [  08  May  2016  ]




07  June  2018




No comments:

Post a Comment