Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Solar Power Based Charging Station ?






In my following blog , I had written as follows :




No Battery Charging  Stations  ! [  The  Holy Grail  ]



Dear Shri Gadkariji,

Current investment in the existing 60,000 Petrol-Diesel pumps is Rs 6.5 lakh*crores

If 30 times more Battery Charging Stations are needed, then that could cost Rs 195 lakh*crore  !




I am at a loss to understand why Indian Auto Industry is reluctant to approach ISRO for its Solar Roof Top powered electric cars ( with a 5 Kwh Lithium-ion Battery ) which would eliminate need for roadside charging stations altogether !



But , if we must have Battery Charging Stations , the least we can do is to have these depend upon Solar Power and not dirty , coal-based electricity



All we need to do is to COPY , the following example :












Remember , we in India get nearly TWICE the number of hours of sunshine as compared to Netherland


Ref :








If Indian Oil / Hindustan Petroleum etc do not step in fast ( to obsolete themselves ) , then it is quite possible that innovators like Chetan Maini / Pawan Goenka etc would obsolete them !




07  June  2018


No comments:

Post a Comment