Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 22 June 2018

National Digital Communications Policy







DoT ( Department of Communications ) had released a DRAFT for this policy on May 01



Here are the highlights :


*  Investment target…………$ 100  Billion 
                                                    in digital communication by 2022


*  Universal Broadband…….  50 mbps


*  Gram-Panchayat connectivity… 1 gbps by 2020  /  10 gbps by
                                                         2022


*  Connectivity to Key Development Institutions…. 100 mbps


*  Gram Panchayats to be covered……… 250,000 by March 2019


*  Public Wi Fi hot spots… 5 million by 2020  /  10 million by 2022


 Wi Fi hot spots to be available for the public in rural areas and  will also connect social institutions such as :
                                                                            
                                                                           
                                                                           
     #   Police  Stations

     #   Primary Health Centres

     #   Schools

     #   Post  Offices 



Source :





Shri Ravi Shankar Prasadji  ,



Congratulations for your bold vision and your meticulous , time-bound implementation , to turn India into a DIGITIZED INDIA



I believe The Telecom Commission will be meeting on 29 June to approve the draft of this policy



While approving the policy , I urge you to keep in mind the suggestions that I made in my email dated 04 Oct 2016






Extract from my E Mail :



In my yesterday's blog

* “ Slow and Steady wins the Race / 03 Oct 2016 “ ,

and in earlier blog,

* “ If Mohamed cannot Go to Mountain / 26 July 2015 “ ,


I had suggested allowing 1.3 million schools of India to lease out their premises at night ( 6 pm to 6 am ) , for private parties to set up Call Centers ( BPOs )


Also enabling them with 100 mbps  Internet broadband connections ( of course , FREE )


Idea was to reduce investment in setting up of BPOs by " round-the-clock " utilization of , otherwise idle assets


That logic could be extended to many similar under-utilized public assets such as :


#   2,25,000  Gram Panchayat offices ( all getting internet connection )


#   1,45,000  Post Offices ( also getting internet connection under Payment Bank
     scheme )


#   Lakhs of Government offices ( Central / State / Municipal / PSUs etc )


#   Lakhs of branches of Public Sector Banks



22  June  2018






No comments:

Post a Comment