Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 9 June 2018

Water Wars Are Looming !


Not  Funny  :  Just  Sad  !



More than a year back , I sent following blog as email to our Cabinet Ministers and Shri Devendra Fadnavisji



Water Water Everywhere ? Even in Latur ?  [  15  April 2017  ]




In my email , I had urged our Policy Makers to get in touch with Prof Yaghi ( University of Berkeley -  yaghi@berkeley.edu / oyaghi@lbl.gov / Ph : 510-643-5507 ) , for acquiring his technology to extract water from dry desert atmosphere , using ONLY SUNLIGHT  !

No need for any electricity !

I followed this up with following e mails :



None of these seem to have been read !

Since then , Prof Yaghi and his team have made further progress to establish commercial viability of this life-saving technology , as reported in :




I am sure , our own scientists are quite capable of developing such a technology but should we wait when “ WATER WARS “ in India are unlikely to remain confined to one State against another State ?

If we fail to find / implement – and on the double – a very cheap and practical way to produce water from air , we are headed for “ WATER WARS “ between ,

*  Different regions within each State

*  Different cities within each Region

I hope this email will get read and acted upon


10  June  2018




No comments:

Post a Comment