Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 4 June 2018

Liu Zhenya : The Visionary




 
Liu Zhenya is the Chairman of 





He is planning a globally interconnected International Grid of electric power



For details of his vision , read :
“ Does the path to a low-carbon future run through a global grid  ? “
Extract :
By any measure, this super-grid would be an immense undertaking.
The GEIDCO plan involves building nine latitudinal and nine longitudinal lines, linking every continent on Earth except Antarctica.
“Like a river with many tributaries, it will connect over 100 countries and 80 per cent of the global population, with a total length of 180,000 kilometers,” Liu said in April 2018 .
The benefits could be immense, as well.
The GEI would improve reliability and, he predicted, even ultimately reduce the average cost of electricity. 
Most importantly, interconnecting grids and power sources over larger distances can facilitate greater penetration of renewable powersmoothing out the inevitable geographic and temporal variability in solar and wind power production by balancing supply with distant loads.

The GEI could thus turn the 12-hour time difference between New York and Beijing into an advantage, sending power in one direction or the other as those cities’ demand peaks at different times.

“It is a radical solution for overcoming the world’s energy dilemmas,” Liu said.

JUST 7.7 PER  CENT OF THE SAHARA’S SOLAR ENERGY WOULD MEET GLOBAL ELECTRICITY DEMAND. ”



To know the congruence of my own dream with Liu’s dream , read my following blog :


Unlimited Power : and round the clock ?  [  29  July  2016  ]





05  June  2018


No comments:

Post a Comment