Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 19 September 2020

CCTV in Police Stations . Tomorrow Everywhere

 How about OUTSOURCED committees in place of OVERSIGHT committees ?


Context :
SC seeks status report on CCTVs at police stations

Read more at:
https://lnkd.in/eKaJGgA
----------------------------------
Extract :
A bench of Justices R F Nariman, Navin Sinha and Indira Banerjee said : " We want to know the exact position as to the CCTV cameras in ( 16,000 ) Police Stations as well as the constitution of Oversight Committees in accordance with April 3, 2018 Order
------------------------------------
Question :
> How many Committees will be needed ( one / police
station ? )
> How many members in each committee ?
> How many hours/day will each member spend , looking at
the CCTV footage to determine human rights violations ?

I don't think this system can help catch violations

What can help ?

> Getting many NGOs to look at the footage / report
instances of violations
> Getting some Start-up to develop an AI based algorithm (
using advanced Facial Recognition Technology ) which will
automatically upload / publish on select websites , CLIPS (
from CCTV footage ) where violation has taken place

Dear Hon Judges,

Please ask PM-STIAC, if this is possible

No comments:

Post a Comment