Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Cut-off Percentage ?


On June 15, 2011, Shri Ram College of Commerce ( New Delhi ), published its “ Admission List “ of students selected for admission.

Only problem : the “ Cut Off “ percentage of marks was 100 % !

Now, the Junior Colleges in Maharashtra are not in such a great demand amongst the students.

But still, the number of student-applicants far exceed the number of available seats.

So, the “ Higher Technical Education Department “ ( Govt of Maharashtra ), came up with an innovative criteria for admission.

The department issued a circular stating that a toilet block at home was a must for admission to Junior Colleges !

Worried that the students will cry-out, “ Unfair, Unreasonable, Undemocratic etc “, the department has agreed to grant “ Provisional Admissions “ to students who don’t have a toilet, on condition that they build one within 3 months of admission.

Now, Kapil Sibal cannot say that this is “ irrational “ !

With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment