Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 29 June 2011

WHAT ABOUT THE REST ?

Thanks to RTI activist SC Agrawal’s application, now we know the attendance at Cabinet Meetings for 2010 / 11 , as follows :

Ø      Pranab  Mukherjee  ……………………….                    95 %

Ø      Ambika Soni / AK Antony / Veerappa Moily  ………  85 %

Ø      Kapil Sibal  ……………………………………………………………… 83 %

Ø      Murli Deora ………………………………………………………………80 %

Ø      P Chidambaram  ………………………………………………………75 %

Ø      Dayanidhi Maran  …………………………………………………….50 %

Ø      S M Krishna ………………………………………………………………45 %

Ø      Farooq Abdullah  ………………………………………………………35 %

Ø      Mamta Banerjee  /  M K Alagiri  ……………………………17 %

Obviously, DNA [ June 25, 2011 ] did not consider it worth wasting ink on reporting the attendance of the rest !

In most schools in India, children with less than 80 % class attendance are not allowed to appear in the final exam.

We should seriously consider a People’s Representation Bill, which would disqualify ministers having less than 80 % attendance from contesting next election !

With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment