Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 13 June 2011

SUBVERTING DEMOCRACY ?

Ministers are claiming that Baba Ramdev and Anna Hazare are subverting democratic processes.

Now come on !

Is making people aware of a social evil, making them aware of their democratic rights, a subversion of parliamentary democracy ?

To my best knowledge, neither Anna nor Baba, has ever advocated dissolution of parliament and imposition of President’s rule !

They are fully aware – and staunchly believe – that Lokpal Bill / Delivery of Service Bill / Recall of Elected Representatives Bill etc. have to be passed by the parliament.

I think Baba / Anna should now , focus their energies, their arguments on educating the members of parliament.

How about asking our Members of Parliament to attend public hearings in their respective constituencies and openly declare their “stand“ on these bills and how they plan to vote?

And conducting non-violent, peaceful, absolutely silent demonstrations in front of their homes ? Those are perfectly democratic processes !

They are answerable to people who elected them !

With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment