Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 4 June 2011

Primary Needs ?

In India, primary education is a “ State Subject “.
And most primary schools are owned by the states.
When asked by the Central Government, only 15 out of the 35 states bothered to furnish following information :
 No. of primary schools ……………………………… 566,221
 Schools that do not provide midday meals… 112,000
 Schools without electricity ………………………… 400,000
 Schools without toilets ……………………………….. 100,000
 Schools without boundary walls………………….. 400,000
States won’t tell you how many schools do not have a single teacher, but I suspect that would be in excess of 300,000 !
Obviously, state governments in India do not think that primary schools have some primary needs !
What else can explain this pathetic scenario ?
Could it be that the other 20 states which did not even bother to furnish any data, have no primary schools at all ?
When he is demanding that engineering / medical colleges use local language as “ Medium of Instruction “, there is no doubt about the noble intentions of Baba Ramdev.
Only question is : What should be our priority ?
( Source : DNA / May,09,2011 )
With regards
Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment