Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 2 June 2011

Good News ?

According to World Health Organization’s “ Health Statistics – 2011 “ report, life span of an average Indian went up as follows :
 1990 ………………….. 57 years
 2000 …………………. 61 years
 2009 …………………… 65 years
Good news, no doubt . And hopefully, the life span will keep rising in the decades to come, when India’s population is expected to reach 1700 million people by 2050.
[ Source : Times of India / 16 May,2011 ]
Will we succeed in growing enough food and create enough jobs for all these millions ?
May be – if we can succeed in bringing back those 4 lakh crores of black money that Baba Ramdev estimates are lying in foreign banks.
Surely,we can pass a law to declare these monies as “ National Assets “, but only problem is that the foreign banks are governed by their own national laws !
May be we should shift our focus to prevention of generation of black money in the first place.

With regards

hemen parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment