Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Water Water Everywhere !


But not a drop to drink ?

Food and Agriculture Organization ( FAO ) estimates that, every year, about 1300 million tons of food grains get wasted across the world.

670 million tons in industrialized countries.

630 million tons in developing countries.

India’s Agriculture Minister, Sharad Pawar admits that the country wastes Rs.58,000 Crore [ $ 12.88 billions ] worth of food grains every year due to lack of or poor storage facilities.

But Government of India disregards repeated pleading by the Supreme Court to distribute these food grains quickly ( before these rot away ), to those 2.5 million poor people who die of malnutrition every year.

64 years after getting “ Swa-rajya “ ( Independence ), we are still waiting for “ Su-rajya “ ( Good Governance ).

In the meantime, we keep on debating endlessly / paranoidly , whether Prime Minister should be covered by Lokpal Bill or not ,as if “ Su-rajya “ entirely depends on that !


With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment