Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 20 June 2011

NO LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

Times of India (June 11, 2011) reports :

  • As per National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) 2007 – 08 survey, the size of the Indian workforce is between 416 and 466 million

  • Over 30 million Indians cannot find work despite being in the labor force and another 25 million are officially under-employed

  • 41.6 % of India’s population earn less than the International Poverty Line of $ 1.25 / day, in purchasing power parity ( PPP ) terms

  • In the 11th and 12th Plan, the Planning Commission is expecting the creation of about 116 million jobs which would absorb 85 million increase in the labor force

  • But during same period, India’s population will go up by 180 million!

By the time NSSO 2011-12 report comes out (hopefully , in 2015),

 the tunnel would have grown faster than the speed of light !

With regards


HEMEN PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment