Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 8 July 2024

Teach your Child to ask “ Why “

 


 

Here is Why :

Quote from book “ Teach Your Child to Think “ by Edward De Bono :


“ In my experience most schools do not teach thinking at all. Some schools teach the limited thinking skills involved in information sorting and analysis


Lately, there has been something of a surge in the teaching of thinking in schools. Some schools have begun to teach “ critical thinking “ . This is worthwhile but is also insufficient – and even dangerous – on its own ( as I shall explain later )


The CoRT Thinking Program which I designed is now in use with millions of students in various countries around the world. Even so, it is unlikely to be in use in the school your children attend “

 

Question :

How can you get your school-going child to “ start thinking “ ?

 

Answer :

It is quite simple . Start with yourself

In your mobile, type > www.My-Teacher.in  <

Select > Make Students Think : Questions Beyond Syllabus

Then “ ask “ by typing { or dictating by speaking aloud  } following questions :

 

Ø  Which are the most common shapes on Earth ? in the Universe ?

Ø  What has a human’s 10 fingers and 10 toes to do with the decimal system ?

Ø  When standing upside down on Earth, why don’t we fall off ?

Ø  In distant space, are there such notions as “ left , right , up or down “ ? If not, why ?

Ø  On the Earth, are there any measurements which do not follow any distribution curve ?

Ø  When passing through a prism, a ray of light breaks down into 7 different colors. This process can be reversed by painting a circular disc with those 7 colored strips and then rotating speedily. We get to see it as white. But why this does not happen when I mix water-based paints of those 7 colors ?

Ø  Why are mountains narrow peaked and wide bottomed ?  Why not other way around ?

 

Repeat this “ mental exercise “ , twice a day , with your child watching you


Do not tell your child to do what you are doing


Your child will “ suspect “ your motive !


But do tell her that using  www.My-Teacher.in , for “ learning to think “ , is a permissible use of her mobile


I call my program : BriBoToMo [ Bring Bono to Mobile ]


Try it. There is no better method of leading your child onto a path of “ discovering

 “ the “ Whys “ of this world

 

With regards,


Hemen Parekh

feedback@My-Teacher.in  / 09 July 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment