Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 1 July 2024

Teach Your Child To Think

 



Dear Parents – School Principals :

 

 

Today, ask your child / student, following question :

 

“   What can we expect if an hour was divided into one hundred minutes ? "



Chances are she does not know the right answer

 

Why ?

 

Because this topic is NOT covered by CBSE school syllabus

 

But then, School Syllabus cannot possibly cover every topic on the earth

 

That is understandable

 

Your child / student not knowing that answer need not worry you much

 

But ,

 

If your child / student does not “ Know “ how to ask such a question, then that should be a cause of deep concern for you !

 

It goes to show that your child / student is not :

 

 

 Curious

 Inquisitive

 Creative

 Capable of “ thinking out of box “

 

 

Stop worrying.

 

Tell your child / student , to “ learn “ to ask such questions by :

 

  Visiting   www.My-Teacher.in 

  Select “ Questions Beyond Syllabus “

  Just keep asking ( even absurd sounding ) questions by just looking at things around her

 

        ( Eg : Why have tables and chairs always 4 legs and not 3 ?  )

  Listen to what  www.My-Teacher.in SPEAKS aloud ( in any of 9 languages selected )

  Repeat this “ Mental Exercise “ for 10 minutes, every day

 

Teach your child / student to  THINK . It is as ( or more ) important as passing exams

 

 

Regards,

 

Hemen Parekh 

No comments:

Post a Comment