Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 10 March 2018

Who will fix salaries of MPs ?





At least , we know one thing


Going by the following news report ( DNA – 08 March ) , salaries of MPs will not be fixed by an “ independent commission “ :



“ Centre won’t set up panels to fix MP salaries “



 Attorney General KK Venugopal submitted that the Centre had ruled out the idea of setting up independent commissions to fix salaries of MPs and MLAs. This, the top law officer said, would lead to complications as similar demands would be raised from other quarters.


Following Venugopal’s submission, the top court bench, comprising Justices Jasti Chelameswar and Sanjay Kisan Kaul, reserved judgement on a plea filed by NGO Lok Prahari, challenging the amendments made by the Parliament to the Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament Act, 1954, along with pension and other facilities granted to former Parliamentarians.


At the previous hearing, the court had observed that benefits accorded to most lawmakers who have largely worked a lifetime in order to represent the public in the Parliament ensure they lead their lives in a dignified manner.


“For securing that tenure, quite a lot of them have dedicated their entire lifetime,” Justice Jasti Chelameswar had said. However, the bench acknowledged that the practice of parliamentarians determining their salaries was a ‘moral’ and ‘ethical issue’.



“ Lead their lives in a dignified manner “  ?



I don’t know if the Supreme Court was referring to their ( MPs ‘ ) lives outside the parliament or how they behaved inside the parliament , the whole of last week  !



But, when I proposed that we enable an Artificial Intelligence based software to fix “ monthly variable pay “ of the MPs , I had clearly included for consideration , those MPs ‘s lives , both within and outside the parliament !



Find my fool-proof  / unbiased / impartial / logical “ Formula “ at :


ArtificialIntelligence to fix MP / MLA Salary ?  [  22  Feb  2018  ]




11 March  2018




No comments:

Post a Comment